- Designed to be completed in 3 years but can be compressed to 2 years, or spread out longer if desired
- Most highly accredited and approved program in North America - allows you to earn any available professional homeopathic certification in Canada or the US
- Graduates of this program are eligible to write the CHC exam and become registered homeopaths in Canada
- Fully available online with optional in-person learning opportunities and events in Toronto
- Webinar-based self study Science components to complete at your convenience
- Weekend live lectures approximately twice per month from September to June with occasional Friday clinics and self-scheduled externship appointments
- Recorded lectures allow you to watch or re-watch according to your schedule, or listen to audio recordings without video
- Move through your program with a cohort of peers for support
- Flexible payment plans via installments
- Unique internship/externship fully supervised and interactive clinical training to prepare you well for a successful practice
- Students are appointed externship supervisors who guide them one-on-one with their own patients
- Begin anytime with flexible options for getting started depending on what time of year you begin
- Exceptional support provided for CCHM students and graduates
Our Homeopathy and Health Sciences Diploma Program is an intensive, specialized course in homeopathic medicine, medical sciences and holistic nutrition. Our priority is to make available to the student all the knowledge, insight and experience necessary to become an excellent professional homeopath with a successful homeopathic practice. Both the theoretical and clinical components adhere to, or exceed, the College of Homeopaths of Ontario’s entry-to-practice competencies. This is also the only Homeopathic program in Canada that is accredited by ACHENA, which is the gold standard for homeopathic education in North America. This program also meets the requirements that will allow you to write the Council of Homeopathic Certification exam.
This program is available live, online by webinar (you can also watch after recording) and can be completed in as little as 18 months. You can start our program anytime from September to January. The live online classes are held on weekends twice a month with recorded material available afterwards for those who may not be able to attend live, making this program flexible enough to meet the needs of anyone's schedule, anywhere in the world. We also offer two intensive in-class weekends through the school year, for those wanting to meet others and study in person with our lecturers.
The Internship Clinic takes place online also on select Fridays September through May. The course is designed as a two year program but can be flexibly tailored to meet the needs of students looking to go faster or slower. For those who have previous medical training such as doctors and nurses, exemptions can be made in the medical science portions of the program. Prospective students are required to have a minimum of two years of post secondary education, or 60 credits. However, exemptions may be made for exceptional applicants. Please contact us for details
Clinical proficiency is emphasized in this course and students are trained and supervised by master, registered homeopaths with extensive clinical experience. Our two-fold Externship and Internship Training sets us apart from all other schools and has been an integral part of CCHM since our inception in 1994. This integrated approach is why our graduates are so successful in practice and has contributed greatly to our international reputation for excellence. Our Online/In Class Diploma Program gives you 2 years of experience in both externship and internship practice, and the hours earned exceed the requirements of The College of Homeopaths of Ontario. Our unique Externship clinical model features one-on-one training with a professional homeopath. Our Live Internship Clinic allows students to follow along live cases with a Master Homeopath with more than 30 years of experience. Read more about our clinic.
CCHM's academic standards are second to none. Our core lecturers are seasoned homeopaths who share their knowledge and experience generously and passionately with our students. We ground our students in the teachings of Samuel Hahnemann, the founder of homeopathic medicine, as described in his “Organon of the Medical Art‟ and elaborated by classic and contemporary practitioners steeped in the tradition of the old masters of homeopathy. CCHM provides a dynamic, safe and nurturing learning environment where students develop their intuitive, imaginative and reasoning faculties and integrate body, mind and spirit.
Homeopathic Curriculum - What is Studied?
In order to ensure an exceptional standard of education, we have adopted the competencies as outlined by the CHO, as well as the core curriculum guidelines of the Accreditation Commission for Homeopathic Education in North America (ACHENA). CCHM students graduate from as proficient homeopaths, prepared to practice within the health care systems of many countries of the world. To facilitate their study, local students are welcome to us the CCHM Library during regular office hours as we have an outstanding and ever-growing collection of books, rare journals and varied homeopathic computer software programs.
The Principles and Philosophy of pure Homeopathy, as outlined by Samuel Hahnemann, the founder of our wonderful system of medicine, are studied in great detail as their understanding is essential for a successful practice. In-depth pure Materia Medica lectures examine the symptoms produced (and cured) by homeopathic remedies. The Homeopathic Repertory, and repertorization is studied in fine detail. Case-taking, case-analysis and case-management skills are cultivated and honed throughout this program, providing graduates with a firm foundation for professional practice.
Students will study Therapeutics, or the homeopathic approach to specific clinical conditions, such as neurology, immunology, gastroenterology, gynecology, urology, rheumatology, respirology, proctology, dermatology, gerontology, cardiology and psychology/psychiatry.
Practice Management is taught to help ease the transition from student to new practitioner and to learn business and other skills for building a successful practice. Topics include: location of premises, advertising and PR, fees and accounts, staff, insurance, stress management for homeopaths, etc.
Anatomy and Physiology, Holistic Nutrition, Pathophysiology, and Physical Examination round out the Medical and Health Sciences portion of the training, so that students graduate with all of the skills necessary to be successful, confident practitioners.
History and Philosophy: The Organon · Materia Medica Pura · Drug Remedies · Finding the Genius of the Case · Insect Remedies · Tissue Salts · Anatomy and Physiology · Pathophysiology · The Repertory · Traumatology · Basic Botany · Basic Zoology · Nutrition and Principles of Metabolism · Psychology · Acute Case Analysis and Prescribing · Chronic Case Analysis and Prescribing · Patient Communication and Personal Development · How to Run Your Practice · Clinical Internship · Physical Exam Skills · Inductive Logic · Mental Emotional Conditions · Disease Remedies · Mollusc Remedies · Lifestyle Disorders · Medical Microbiology · Maintaining and Exciting Factors in Disease · Other Therapies · Intensive Casetaking · Miasms · Magnesium Remedies · Mineral Remedies · Lac Remedies · Homeopathic Provings · Remedy Manufacturing · Mercurius Remedies · Solanaceae Remedies · Kali Remedies · Second Prescription and Beyond · Ranunculaceae Remedies · Lab Reports and Medical Records · Pharmacy · Anatomy and Physiology · Holistic Nutrition ·
History and Philosophy: The Organon · Materia Medica Pura · Pathophysiology · Case Taking · Case Analysis · Physical Examination · Medical Microbiology · Interpreting Lab Reports and Medical Records · Homeopathic Pharmacy and Practicum · Mental and Emotional Diseases · Case Management · Clinical Internship · Clinical ExternshipHistory and Philosophy · Case Management · Case Analysis · Practice Management and Business Planning · The Boenninghausen Repertory · Organ Specifics · Isopathy and Tautology · Pharmacology · Genetic Diseases · Pathophysiology · Pediatrics · Obstetrics · Gynecology · Autism and ASD · Multiple Sclerosis · Sleep Disorders · Geriatrics · Depression and Suicide · Men’s Health · CHO Application Coaching · Clinical Internship · Clinical Externship
CCHM Program Learning Objectives
- Practice professional homeopathic medicine within the Hahnemannian philosophy in keeping with the Standards and Guidelines of the College of Homeopaths of Ontario.
- Demonstrate the use of critical thinking in clinical decision making to provide safe and effective homeopathic care.
- Formulate a personal and professional ethical framework to use in decision making as a professional homeopath.
- Evaluate, apply and communicate research findings to improve professional practice.
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal and professional development through continuing education and participation in professional organizations.
- Demonstrate a commitment to humanitarian service as a component of professional homeopathy in a culturally diverse society.
- Engage in communication and collaboration with members of the interdisciplinary health care team in planning comprehensive care.
- Modify care in consideration of the client's values, customs, culture, religion and/or beliefs
- Communicate effectively using interpersonal skills and information technology
- Implement strategies to enhance homeopathic practice to support change needed to improve the quality of homeopathic care practice
- Demonstrate understanding of boundaries and the legal scope of professional practice as a registered homeopath
Upon successful completion of the course, graduates use the suffix DCHM, which represents the Diploma of The Canadian College of Homeopathic Medicine. Upon registration with the CHO, the regulatory body in Ontario, practitioners can also use the designation 'Homeopath' and the suffix HOM. Graduates practicing outside of Ontario may choose to join a homeopathic association and use the corresponding credentials, and are eligible to write the CHC exam for certification.
Contact us to learn more about this amazing program, and join us as a Student-for-a-Day!