Enrolling in our Homeopathic Programs
Applicants to our programs must have completed their OSSD (Ontario Secondary School Diploma) or equivalent, plus a minimum of two years of study at the college/university level. Applicants who have not achieved these requirements may enrol under "Special Student" status.
If you are enrolling as a special student, please submit an essay describing your intention to apply yourself to consistent study and hard work to the level of a university degree, as well as any personal qualities and contributions that would support your application. Indicate if there are reasons why your academic record does not reflect your true academic ability. Your essay should be typed, double-spaced and a maximum of four pages.
Applicants must have an open and tolerant mind and be interested in people and the world we live in. There is no upper age limit and we accept many mature students.
EXEMPTIONS & ADVANCED STANDING CONSIDERATION
Any student seeking exemptions and/or advanced standing must provide official transcripts. Full details of the course may also be requested to ensure that the course taken is in fact at least equivalent to what CCHMoffers. Official transcripts must be provided (and a grade of 60% or better must have been achieved) for an exemption to be granted.
For advanced standing in the program, the standardized placement exam must also be written (multiple-choice, 3 hours) before September 1st or January 1st for a fee of $75.00 and achieve a grade of 60% or better. When needed, in cases where interpretation of foreign educational credentials is needed, we ask prospects with foreign education to have an Assessment Report completed via ICAS.(http://www.icascanada.ca/new/college.aspx). Where necessary, when English is a student’s second language, English language competency may be required. This may be satisfied by scoring at least 500 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and at least the currently reported mean score on the Test of Spoken English (TSE). Students wishing to be considered for exemption from any other subjects must contact the Registrar in writing before September 1st for details about proper procedure.
- Complete the application form below - please note that the Introductory Course does not require an application form, kindly call or email us to sign up for this
- Write and attach a personal life sketch (an extended resume with current work history, items of personal and professional significance over the past 10 years)
- Write and attach an essay about how you reached your decision to become a homeopath Enclose 2 letters of reference (1 personal, 1 professional)
- Request original transcripts of any post-secondary education and have them forwarded directly to the College (special acceptance may granted without a post-secondary education)
- When you complete this form, you will be given the option to pay an $85 application fee online, or you can submit your application fee payable to “Canadian College of Homeopathic Medicine” or call 416-966-2350 to pay by Visa or Master Card.