I have noticed lately many people are catching colds. As much as this is not a pleasant experience, it is unavoidable at times, and we have to go through it.
Have you ever wondered why we catch colds in the first place?
The reality is that common colds are caused by viruses that are around us all the time. They are always present. Our body's own defense mechanism keeps fighting them on a daily basis and for the most part we do Ok. The stronger our defense mechanism is the healthier we are. What happens when we get sick is, our state of well being or equilibrium is altered, our defense mechanism is weakened and the virus takes over and starts thriving in our body. We get sick and show symptoms of this dis-ease.
What weakens our defense mechanism?
Since we are energy beings, weakening has to do with our energy escaping and not being available when it is needed. There are many ways for this to occur; listed below are three major causes of energy leakage:
· Stress. It can mean so many different things to each of us (anxiety, anger, frustration, fears, etc). We keep thinking and worrying about something or someone, and we do not even realize that each of our thoughts is also a form of energy. By using our thoughts for worrying, we are losing energy; similarly to a balloon going flat slowly.
· Poor nutrition. A healthy and balanced diet restores energy and allows our body to maintain its defense system.
· Lack of sleep.Your body needs 6 to 10 hours of sleep, depending on the individual. It is during rest that our body regenerates energy.
What prevention methods can be taken?
The most crucial thing is to try living naturally and listen to your body's needs. Your body will give you feedback on what it requires to sustain equilibrium. If you are tired, get rest. If you are hungry, get a healthy and balanced meal. You could also supplement your meals with vitamins and minerals. If you are getting stressed, step aside from the situation and focus on breathing. This will bring you into the present moment and the leaking of your energy will stop. Think of something positive, do something that you like, try to laugh more and enjoy every moment of this life.
Can common colds be cured?
It is widely accepted that it cannot be cured by any known conventional medical treatment. However, alternative medicine shows some promises with alleviating some symptoms or even curing it. My healing device - Homeopathy - is nothing more than energy medicine and it works through resonance. Everything around us including us is energy and everything vibrates. Along with vibration there is a resonance. Resonance is the interaction between two objects vibrating at about the same speed. A homeopathic remedy for a given disease has a similar frequency as the disease itself. It resonates with the disease and thus neutralizes it. The common cold is just another type of dis-ease and it has its own frequency. When matched by a remedy with a similar frequency, symptoms will be alleviated and the dis-ease will be cured.
Other methods that may relieve the symptoms of colds:
- maintain a high level of humidity in your apartment
- boost your antioxidants
- use sauna or take hot baths. The heat kills off most of the virus and bacteria
- drink lots of fluids (water, juice, fruit or non-caffeinated tea) to replace the fluids that you lose from coughing, sneezing and perspiring
- avoid all pharmaceutical medications because they may produce side effects. Most of what you can do with these medications can be accomplished through constant attention to hydration and humidity
- maintain a healthy and balanced diet, rich in the nutrients and vitamins that are as free as possible of chemical additives.
- get plenty of rest and let your body do what it needs to do in order to heal
In Healing and Service,