- On 29 Apr 2011
- By superadmin
Distance and on-line education are becoming a more popular choice for students wishing to continue their education but who, for whatever reason, are not able to come to class. It offers flexibility and the opportunity for students to study at their own pace and often, from their own homes.
At the Canadian College of Homeopathic Medicine (CCHM), we are very proud of our distance education program. We have students from across the globe studying with us in diverse places such as Dubai, Hungary, Mexico as well as in urban centres and rural areas across the United States and Canada.
We know that when you are studying on your own it can feel lonely and it can sometimes be hard to be disciplined in your work. This is why we offer a Study Week twice a year. Any current distance student is eligible to attend. It also gives distance students a chance to meet and network with each other.
Each study week takes place over 5 days and involves:
- 2 days of in-depth instruction especially geared to our distance students and their specific learning needs. Some topics that have been covered in the past have included learning remedies, case analysis, repertorization/rubrics, watching live and paper cases.
- 1 day of teaching clinic: You sit in with current in-class students in our teaching clinic where you see live cases as taken by an experienced Homeopath. This is the best place to see Homeopathy in action. You will witness a diverse group of patients being treated for a wide range of health concerns. You will also get the experience to exchange ideas about case analysis, rubric selection and appropriate remedies with both students and the teaching clinic supervisor.
- 2 days of classes: You also get the opportunity to pick classes being taught to our current in-class students. We offer you the flexibility of choosing from classes for year one, year two and year three of our program. This allows you to pick subjects relevant to your own progress in our program as well as those subjects that are the greatest interest to you. Some examples of class topics include:
- Materia Medica- understanding Homeopathic remedies
- Homeopathic Philosophy
- Clinic Review
- Casetaking/case analysis
- Homeopathy for specific diseases or populations such as the elderly, pregnancy, cancer and gastrointestinal disorders
Currently, we are in the middle of our spring 2011 study week. We have several dedicated distance students soaking up all the information they can learn from each other, from our instructors and from Homeopathy.
“I just wanted you to know that the past two days have been FANTASTIC! We have all learned so much. Even these two days made it COMPLETELY worthwhile to do study week and we are just getting to a live clinic day!!! I really think that distance students should try to come. It really motivates you to keep going and adds a little extra clarity to what we are learning.” Jennifer Metzger